Thursday, November 11, 2010

Other Art from the Past Year.


CLICK ON IMAGES FOR FULL VIEW
All pieces are 11"x15"
This piece is called "Dude, Stuck in the Arroyo", created in June, '10.  It is inspired by Durango, CO, Southwest US culture, and Kraftwerk's song/album "Autobahn.  It is a wedding gift for a friend.


This is a quick-sketch pen-and-ink wash off of a photograph I took of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, OR.  I did it in about 45 minutes and bested any effort to replicate it with watercolor (I was rusty in the watercolor department)

This piece is the result of a tragic occurrence, but I actually like how it looks.  I was putting a lot of effort into this odd little piece when a tea-bag tragedy struck.  That is a saturated tea-bag fell out of my mug and onto this picture.  I actually did some brush work to make it look a little better.  So yes, it does look kind of good--but not really something I want to hang up at an art show.

No comments:

Post a Comment